FRC CLOTHING MADE FROM CARBONX® FABRIC
- Withstands heat and direct flame up to 20X longer than competitive products
- Lightweight, flexible, odor-resistant
- Breathes to enhance comfort
- Thermal protective properties will not wash out or wear away
- Retains strength after heat exposure
- Unmatched protection and mobility (for you and your equipment)
The most important test for determining flame resistance is the Limited Oxygen Index (LOI), which calculates the amount of oxygen needed in the environment to support combustion. The higher the LOI vlaue, the more flame resistant the material. CarbonX fibers have LOI of 55. This is 50% higher than Nomex, and 33% higher than PBI/FR Rayon blends.
Torch Wear garments now meet all NFPA 70E standards and provide an ATPV of 14.9 cal/cm2 in a single layer. Our NFPA 2122 testing has yielded amazing results. We show 9.3% body burn at three seconds and an astounding 12.4% body burn at four seconds. Come out 40-60% total body burn after four seconds.
You can learn more about this remarkable flame resistant fabric at CarbonX.com